There is currently a bug in MOSS 2007 search that automatically converts any URLs entered to lower-case.
We had a site hosted on a UNIX server that had a case sensitive URL, so when I entered http://server.net/Start/Welcome.html MOSS 2007 converted it to http://server.net/start/welcome.html and then tried to crawl this URL, but UNIX would return a “page could not be found” error.
Microsoft provided us with a hotfix for this, so if you have the same problem I suggest you raise a support request. 🙂
If you are getting errors when trying to configure SSO in MOSS 2007, something we discovered that solved this that is worth trying
· In Central Administration go to Operations· Under Secuirty Configuration, click on Service Accounts· Select “Windows service” option and then “Single Sign-on service” in the corresponding dropdown· Enter in the service account username and password· Click OKEven though we had set this up through the “Services” console, doing this through the central administration screen fixed the problem.
Some of the errors we were getting was “Login failed for user: domain\user” in the event logs
I just can’t understand why the Sharepoint team have done this.
My client asked for a number of templates which each had to be styled differently, no problems I said I’ll use master pages, that’s what they’re for.
Now I have to explain to my client why some of their pages are different…
I would urge everyone to press Microsoft as much as possible to update this in a further release
I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but the Microsoft documentation provides this as an example for the above command
Psconfig –cmd configdb –create –server servername –database databasename –user username –password userpassword –admincontentdatabase databasename
I tried running this and kept getting the following error
The -create command is invalid
This drove me made until I removed the “-” from the beginning of the create parameter and then I got the following error
The -server command is invalid
My amazing mind realized that a pattern was emerging and I went ahead and removed all the dashes from the parameters to end up with the following command.
Psconfig –cmd configdb create server servername database databasename user username password userpassword admincontentdatabase databasename
Hey Presto my “SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard” began chugging away